Wednesday, February 27, 2008


During a trip to the Laurel Highlands in the Southwestern part of Pennsylvania my husband and I stayed at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort (http://www.nemacolin.com/)
Nemacolin is a family luxury vacation destination located on 2,800 wooded acres.

While my husband, was attending meetings I took advantage of the Woodlands Spa. I must confess, in the era of personal pampering, I have never had a massage, but decided it was time to take the leap. After a visit to the spa, I settled on a hot stone massage and quickly scheduled an appointment.

It was time for my appointment, and with butterflies in my stomach, I walked through the large wooden doors, and approached the desk and checked myself in. The therapist retrieved me from the quiet area and we made our way to the massage room. Now lying on a heated table, the therapist proceeded to place heated basalt stones in specific points along my spine and under my hands. He then took the flat water-heated stones in his hands and began to give my back a deep massage. All of the apprehension that I was feeling initially, quickly subsided. I was thoroughly enjoying the wonderful sensation of calm and warmth, and I was disappointed that the experience ended so quickly!
My first massage session was fabulous and I would certainly do it again.

No comments: