Sunday, January 20, 2008

Moose on the Sidewalk

Explanation of My Blog Title...

During what has become me and my husband's annual trip to Jackson Hole, Wyoming, I awoke one morning to view a MOOSE sauntering down the middle of the road! I rubbed my eyes once or twice to be sure I wasn't seeing things. . .

In my excitement, I banged wildly on the bathroom door to alert Kevin to the close encounter that was happening right outside our door.

Then, I grabbed the camera, flung open the door to our condo, and bounded down the stairs! My enthusiasm was abruptly curbed as I caught a LARGE brown creature out of the corner of my eye. I halted my sprint like pace just before I had a close encounter with a moose who was strolling down our sidewalk.



I bellowed to the rest of the household, whom I had abandoned, "Holy crap! There's a moose on our sidewalk!" Let me tell you , that is not a phrase that you utter everyday!!



These moose decided that the tender green plants that were adjacent to our condo would make a delicious breakfast.

No comments: